Friday, May 4, 2012

My Passion Project Day 3

Salutations! Well, it is the Friday after spring break. I meant to post over vacation, but as you can see, that did not happen. I had some.... odd.. dreams during the holiday which I plan to dicuss briefly. First off, I have somehow subconscously told myself to remember at least one dream about everyother night, and to pay more attention to what my subconscious conjours up for my viewing pleasure as I slumber. Fantastic. I can check that off my mntal to-do list. I've also realized that this is my subconscious. So I don't have much control over it, and some of my dreams might be a little personal, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to share all of that, so i will NOT be sharing every miniscule detail that pops up in my dreams. I may even exempt entire dreams from these posts. As I was podering this, I also took note that I'm somewhat opening my soul to you, and it's going to take a lot of courage.
         So, without further a due, time for the plunge.
When I was little, my family lost a dear family friend; our golden retriever, Buster, died of complications of old age. Recently in Biology we were talking about pedigree dogs, and that led to me thinking about my old dog, and I believe that that sparked a dream.
It's a bit hazy but here's how it happened:
I remember sitting in a car, driving down a road. Next thing I know, there's a golden retriever puppy in my lap, and my mom or dad (I honestly have no idea who was driving) wasn't in the car. I somehow knew that we had gone to the pound and gotten this ouooy for a Christmas present, even though it was clearly summer. But I looked out the window, and then back at the puppy, and it's fur had turned black. Now it was a black lab, istead of a golden one. I didn't even register the change, but in the dream I cried when we got home, and that was when I woke up to my alarm clock. Hmm... later, I'll look into the meaning of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment